Tax Planning: Individual and Business
Tax Planning for Individuals and Businesses
Moskowitz LLP, A Tax Law Firm provides tax planning advice for individuals and businesses in virtually all areas of federal and state tax.
Our tax practice provides tax planning advice how to minimize the impact of individual federal and state income tax liability, properly establishing a subchapter C and S corporation, properly structuring international inbound and outbound transactions, taxation of pass-through entities such as partnerships and limited liability companies, and comprehensive estate planning.
We also offer our clients independent counsel concerning multi-disciplinary tax related areas such as complex issues associated with captive insurance companies, trust with multi-jurisdictional beneficiaries, and corporate regulatory matters.
Recent tax-planning matters have included the following:
- Advised several citizens residing in foreign countries of United States tax implications.
- Sought and obtained an IRS private letter ruling for former president of a prominent Silicon Valley pharmaceutical corporation.
- Analyzed a corporation’s associated captive insurance company and rendered tax advice concerning the tax treatment of the entity.
- Advised a medium sized state municipality regarding its employ benefits plan and compensation structure.
- Advised a multi-million dollar corporation regarding the implementation of a tax-free restructuring, tax-free spin-off and reorganization plan.
- Advised a corporation and its counsel on how to mitigate a multi-million tax liability of one of its subsidiaries.
- Rendered a tax opinion how to mitigate a large tax liability associated with multi-jurisdictional trusts.
- Successfully advised a corporate executive officer the tax alternatives of recognizing a large amount of tax associated with stock options.