Whether you’re just starting out—or whether you’re looking back at all the hard work it took to get where you are today—it’s important to protect your assets and build upon them for the future. To many people, planning for estate administration and taxes seems like a difficult and daunting task. And for good reason, since the applicable, and constantly changing, tax laws make planning in this area extremely complicated. With proper planning our clients oftentimes can maximize estate and asset protection provided by law and greatly minimize and, in some instances, even eliminate, related tax consequences.
We routinely work with estate plans already in place or with the development of plans and are well versed in all aspects of the estate tax, from following the rules involved in the administration of estates by executors, to the preparation of complicated estate tax returns, to defending against the most current positions taken by the IRS in litigation against the more advanced estate planning techniques.
Some of the estate planning services we offer:
- Wills and Trusts
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- Health Care Powers of Attorney
- Living Wills
- Family Limited Partnerships and LLCs
- Minor’s Trusts
- Charitable Trusts
- Charitable Planning
- Wealth Management
- Special Needs Trusts
- Revocable or Living Trusts
- Marital and Credit Shelter Trusts
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- Planning for Non-citizens
- "Estate freezing" Techniques
- Family Business Continuation Plans
- Conservation Easements
- Retirement Plans and IRA Distribution Planning.
Furthermore, we work closely with executors, administrators, guardians, trustees, and beneficiaries to be sure they are informed and comfortable with the entire process. We will guide them through every step of the way, including:
- Beginning probate proceedings
- Collecting information for tax return preparation
- Advising clients on the determination, accounting treatment, and valuation of estate assets
- Choosing the right tax-favored elections, deductions, and method of estate tax payments
- Ensuring payment of claims, expenses, and taxes
- Providing instruction on how to dispose of and distribute estate assets
Estate Tax Return Preparation
IRS litigation – Estate matters
Call (888) 829-3325 for more information.