Business Tax Representation
At Moskowitz LLP, we realize that businesses want to stay in business and dealing with the threat of a tax or other investigation is often not only daunting but time consuming. Keeping this in mind, Steve founded the tax law firm of Moskowitz LLP from his belief that everyone with the drive and commitment to try their hand at business and entrepreneurship should not be afraid, confused, or held back by the tax code; instead one of the core principles of our firm is that individuals and businesses should benefit from the tax code.
We routinely represent corporations, partnerships, LLCs and other organizations that are facing IRS or State tax audit, federal investigations by the IRS or SEC, employment tax matters (such as responsible officer disputes or allegations of 'unreasonable compensation'), or workers compensation audits. We also provide tax planning in various matters including advising on captive insurance companies and making use of treaties for multi-national entities.
We provide counsel to businesses and organizations facing serious tax troubles; we approach each issue with the goal of resolving the tax problem while allowing business doors to remain open.
All-Inclusive Business Tax Representation
Moskowitz LLP’s team is comprised of domestic and international tax lawyers (most with advanced law degrees in taxation), CPAs, enrolled agents, and other tax professionals allowing us to offer comprehensive services for your business needs. We represent business clients before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the Department of Justice (DOJ), the United States Tax Court, the United States Court of Federal Claims, United States District Courts and state and local taxing authorities in all types of business tax matters, including but not limited to:
- Civil and Criminal IRS Tax Investigations & Disputes
- Employment & Payroll Tax Reporting & Disputes
- Trust Fund Recovery Penalty
- Tax Penalty Relief
- Worker Classification Audits
- Tax Sheltered / Advantaged Transactions
- Private Letter Ruling Requests
- Valuation Disputes & Opinions
- Tax Issues in Civil and Criminal Litigation
- Buy - Sell Agreements
- Domestic & International Entity Formation
- Cross Border Transactions - Inbound and Outbound
- Business Entity Dissolution & Secretary of State filing compliance
- International Tax Representation
- State and Local Tax (SALT) Audits, Disputes, Collection & Other Matters
- Sales Tax Audits & Board of Equalization
- Franchise Tax Board Tax Audits & Tax Residency Audits
- Employment Tax Audits & Employment Development Department
For more information about the business tax law practice at Moskowitz LLP, or to discuss your business tax issues, contact Steve Moskowitz by email or phone at 415-394-7200.